VALO2ASIA.com has put together a thorough tutorial to help you improve your FPS in VALORANT.
Budding VALORANT players are always looking to improve their in-game skill and climb the ranks. Playing on a PC that gives you a smooth and jitter-free experience is important, as it helps to keep the aim consistent. Getting at least 60 fps out of your machine is what we believe to be the minimum for a pleasant playing VALORANT experience (yes, our eyes can process and see a lot more than 60fps).
1. Check Your Computer Specifications
First of all, let’s make sure that you have the minimum requirements recommended by Riot Games to run the game. Make sure to consider upgrading your system if you feel that your computer specifications are not good enough to play VALORANT!
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0GHz / AMD Phenom 8750 Triple-Cor
Graphics: AMD Intel HD Graphics 3000 Desktop or NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT
System Memory: 4 GB RAM
Processor: Intel Core i3-4150 3.5GHz / AMD FX-6100
Graphics: AMD Radeon R5 240 v1 or NVIDIA GeForce GT 730
System Memory: 4 GB RAM
~30 FPS = Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E8400, Intel HD GPU 4000
~60 FPS = Intel i3-4150 CPU, GeForce GT 730 GPU
144 FPS+ = Intel i5-4460 3.2GHz CPU, GTX 1050Ti GPU
2. Tune Your In-game Settings
In competitive FPS games, it is not necessary to prioritize quality above frames per second (FPS). Try changing the following parameters to improve your frame rates:
Display Mode – Fullscreen
Limit FPS – Unlimited
Material Quality – Low
Texture Quality – Low
Detail Quality – Low
UI Quality – Low
Vignette – Off
VSync – Off
Anti-Aliasing – None
Anisotropic Filtering – 8x/4x
Improve Clarity – Off
Bloom – Off
Distortion – Off
First Person Shadows – Off
3. Turn off all unnecessary applications
Turning off any unneeded apps may assist your system in performing optimally and improve your gaming experience. Not only will you be able to squeeze more frames per second out of your system, it may also help you concentrate on the game rather than switching between programs such as web browsers, instant messaging apps, and other distracting programs. Make a habit of only keeping necessary apps open, such as Discord.
4. Optimization for NVIDIA users
- Right-click on your Desktop, and choose NVIDIA Control Panel
- Search for “Adjust Image Settings with Preview” on the left side under the 3D Settings category
- Click on “Use my preference emphasizing” and move the slider to Performance, and then choose Apply.
- Another step that helps is to click on Manage 3D Settings
- Choose “Program Settings”, and then find VALORANT.
- Set “Power Management Mode” to “Prefer Maximum Performance”.
5. Set High Priority for VALORANT (Windows)
This is another tweak that can be used when experiencing low FPS in VALORANT. It is useful, particularly if you have other tasks open, such as a web browser, Discord, or other programs running in the background.
1. Open “Windows Task Manager” once VALORANT is launched.
2. Click “Details” in the tab section, and try to search for VALORANT-Win64-Shipping.exe and VALORANT.exe.
3. Right-click on both of them, select “Set Priority”, and set them on “High” to both of them.
4. This method needs to be repeated whenever you reopen the game.
6. Restart the Game & Computer
Issues can often be caused by your computer running Windows Updates or other intensive tasks, and by restarting your system before playing VALORANT, you free up the needed CPU, GPU, and RAM to maximize your frames per second. If you’ve completed all of the above steps and are still experiencing lower-than-expected FPS, there is one last step below:
7. Ask for Community Help
You may try to ask a friend for assistance, or you can go to the VALO2ASIA Community Group and post a query specifying your computer hardware. Someone who has had a similar issue may be able to assist you in troubleshooting yours. Go to our Community Page by clicking the link below!
This is a guide brought to you by VALO2ASIA to help elevate the Asian VALORANT scene. For upcoming content like this, be sure to subscribe to our newsletter. Don’t forget to follow VALO2ASIA on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.