Riot Games and One Up have joined forces to host the first split of the 2023 VCT Indonesia tournament, featuring US$25,000 in cash prizes.
INDONESIA – The main event of VCT Indonesia Split 1 will take place from January 20 to March 12. Eight of Indonesia’s top teams will compete in the event, with four receiving direct invites: BOOM Esports, Bigetron Arctic, Alter Ego, and Dewa United. The remaining four slots will be filled out through two phases of qualifiers held from January 7-8 and 13-15.
To start it off, a best-of-three, single-elimination bracket will be played, with the eight best teams advancing to the second phase. The eight qualified teams will face off in two double-elimination brackets, from which the top four will progress to the main round-robin group stage, joining four invitees.
The group stage will span seven weeks, with match days taking place twice a week. After that, the six best teams from the group stage will lead to yet another double-elimination playoff bracket, with the lower bracket final and grand finals being played in a best-of-five setting.
The first split of next year’s VCT ID will take place on the following dates:
- Qualifier 1 (January 7-8)
- Single-Elimination Bracket
- Best-of-3 Series
- Top 4 teams will proceed to Qualifier 2
- Qualifier 2 (January 13-15)
- 2 Double Elimination Brackets
- Best-of-3 Series
- Top 4 teams advance to the group stage (Challengers League)
Challengers Main Event
- Group Stage (Challengers League) (January 20 – February 26)
- Round Robin
- 8 Teams, 4 from direct invite, 4 from open qualifiers
- Best of 3 Series
- Teams will face each other once
- Top 6 teams advance to the playoffs
- Playoffs (Challengers Playoffs) (March 8-12)
- Double Elimination Bracket
- 6 Teams
- Best of 3 Series;
- Best of 5 for Lower Bracket Finals & Grand Finals Only
BOOM Esports, Bigetron Arctic, Alter Ego, and Dewa United will enter the tournament directly into the group stage as they look to secure the grand prize of US$10,000. In addition, the MVP of the tournament will be awarded US$500.
The qualifiers will begin on January 7, with signups available on the official One Up website until January 2. 39 teams have confirmed their spots at the time of writing, including ARF Team, VOYAGE, and Hike Digital Esports.
The teams will share the prize pool among the top eight finishers in the following way:
Cover photo courtesy of VALORANT Esports