The integration of the Premier system into the broader VALORANT Champions Tour (VCT) circuit is set to begin with the start of Episode 8 Act 1.
SINGAPORE – The VALORANT Premier system is set to become the first pathway for teams seeking qualification into the Challengers and the VCT directly within the game, beginning in January.
Starting with Episode 8 Act 1 on January 10, 2024, a transitional phase will still be in place in which Premier players and teams must achieve a rank of Immortal 3 or higher and qualify for Contender, the highest tier in Premier. These teams must consist of players eligible for Contender and complete their registration between January 8 and 17, 2024.
Pacific promotion Path:
- Tokyo Server to qualify for:
- Challengers League Japan
- Seoul Server to qualify for:
- Challengers League Korea
- Mumbai Server to qualify for:
- Challengers League South Asia
- Singapore and Hong Kong servers to qualify for:
- Challengers League MY/SG
- Challengers League Indonesia
- Challengers League Thailand
- Challengers League Vietnam
- Challengers League Philippines
- Challengers League Hong Kong/Taiwan
- Sydney Server to qualify for:
- Challengers League Oceania
It’s worth noting that the Challenger League open qualifiers will continue as scheduled in January, independent of the Premier system. The Premier competition will be divided into two stages, spanning from January to the end of April, with the second stage of the Premier competition serving as a qualifying round for the Challengers Promotion and Relegation tournament, scheduled for May.
As you prepare for competition in Contenders Premier, please make sure to follow the below policies:
- The Challenger League age requirement is 16 years old, make sure that all players on your team are 16 or above to remain eligible for the promotion tournament in May.
- In order to facilitate the best possible experience, current Pros can not compete within Premier. We define Pros as players who are currently on an active Challenger or International League roster. Game Changers competitors are eligible to compete in Premier. Players who are found competing in Premier and in violation of policies will face penalties.
- Players are allowed to participate in Premier with only one account. We’ll be monitoring for ringers, substitutes, and cross-region play. Teams who violate these and other rules (cheating) rules will face severe repercussions.
Specific requirements for advancing to the Challengers will vary by region, with more details to be announced in the coming weeks
Cover photo courtesy of VALORANT